Massage therapy is not recommended for certain people and/or conditions:
* Infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds.
* Immediately after surgery.
* Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor.
* Prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged. If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having a massage.
* Massage will not be done directly over bruises, inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, tumors, abdominal hernia, or areas of recent fractures.Massage is not recommended at the onset of an illness (cold/flu).
* Do not eat a heavy meal before the massage.
* If it's your first massage at my office, arrive at least 10 minutes early to complete the necessary forms, or print the form yourself from your own computer, complete and bring it into the office on your first visit. Otherwise, arrive 5 minutes early so you can have a few minutes to relax and begin resting before your massage .
* Use the restroom prior to your scheduled treatment time so we can begin promptly.